Monday, December 22, 2014

Review! L.A. Colors Chunky Lip Pencils + Swatches!

Wow... it's definitely been a loooooooong time since I've done a review through a blog posting or a video. I felt like I've been stressing myself out to keep up with Blogmas (which I haven't been keeping up with well due to working a lot) that I feel like I needed to do a regular post for you all. Sooooo, review time! -munches on popcorn-


This a holiday set that L.A. Colors released late Novemer into early December that I found and purchased at Kmart for around $6.99.


In the set there are six lip pencils ranging from light pink to ruby red. Unfortunately, they don't have names or numbers. You are able to see the colors of the lip pencils on the bottom and through the cap so you can storage them anyway you desire!

The twisting however, is a nightmare! The lip pencils are so loose in the package and if you tip them upside down, the actual lip product will fall out, eeek! 




The sides of the lip pencils have their expiration and distribution information.

Swatches!


From left to right: Light Pink, Pink, Fuschia Pink, Mauve, Red, Ruby Red

They definitely swatched nicely on my wrist, while almost breaking on me. They are very delicate lip pencils so you would need light pressure with them. Swatching on my lips, not even close to the color on my wrist!

Pros:
Inexpensive
Color shade is visible 
Nice packaging
Nice smell

Cons:
Not long lasting, they wear off in a matter of minutes
Product is very loose in packaging
If product is tipped upside down, the lip product falls out
Colors are not true to their swatches

Final Thoughts:
If you are able to find this, I'd say skip it and keep your $7-$8 and buy something else. I'm so afraid to use these for the fear of them breaking on me or falling apart, and that is a no for any lip product for me.

6 comments:

  1. So glad i skipped out on these Walmart had them on sale for $5. I almost got them, but I was a bit skeptical. Great review girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel as if these are a hit or miss. Some are saying they are great and others are saying they are horrible.

      Delete
  2. I didn't have the same experience you did. I haven't had a problem with them falling out or wearing off. I wear them to work daily & they're still on in the afternoon. I love them. I'm glad I was able to find them at Walmart after Christmas on clearance - I got 2 sets of 6 for less than $5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I had a bad batch or something, that happens sometimes! I was so sad because I love L.A. Colors products a lot. I'm glad you didn't have the same experience as I did.

      Delete
  3. I just bought the Deep Red at Dollar General yesterday and it's in different clear packaging then the white cased ones sold at Dollar Tree,and it's a very pretty red color and it stays on for a few hours without eating anything,but it wears off in the middle of the lips and leaves the color around the lips.It's also too oily and thin.


    Wet n Wild,Revlon's Kissable Balm Stains,and Jordana Twist and Shine are all better and the Wet n Wild one is only $ 2.99 and the Jordana one which is only sold at Walgreens is only $2.00

    LA Colors also has a very good 1 $ Moisture lipstick with vitamin E and aloe in beautiful colors sold at Dollar General in the original silver case and in the white case at Dollar Tree.They do get slightly drying after an hour,but no more then most lipsticks including more expensive ones,and they stay on for about 3 or 4 hours without eating anything.


    There are some very good reviews for them here on YouTube a few women even comparing them to higher end lipsticks!

    I have the beautiful colors Cherry Red,Berry Red,Nectarine and Lovely which I'm pretty sure has been discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also a woman at LA Colors told me that their Chunky Lip pencils are not a balm stain,they are just a creamy lipstick in a crayon.

    ReplyDelete