Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Review! Wet N Wild ColorIcon Contouring Palettes!

Wow, loooong time no see! I apologize for the lack of posts for pretty much an entire month. My focus was on my channel, school, work, and had some life responsibilities to attend to.


A few weeks ago, I popped into Walmart to pick a few things up and spotted these contouring palettes from Wet N Wild. I've never seen them before and I'm assuming they are new. Today, I have a review of them and also a demo in the video on my channel.


I was only able to spot and find two different shade options in the collection, Dulce De Leche and Caramel Toffee. The palettes each have a highlight and contour shade. The packaging is very slim for easy storage and the top is clear view for easy ability to see the shade colors.


The back of the products have the "cruelty free" bunny ears logo, distridution information, number and name of product, ingredients (for those of us who are sensitive to certain ingredients or rather them not be in our products), and general Wet N Wild information.

Wet N Wild says - "We're about to throw you some shade - in a good way! With this duo of perfect complementary blushes, shade yourself a flawlessly sculpted face! The deeper color defines your bone structure while the lighter color highlights your best features. Throw shade your way!"


Dulce De Leche's contour shade has more of a cool grey tone to it and the highlight shade has a neutral undertone to it.


Left to Right: Highlight, Contour (Dulce De Leche)


Caramel Toffee has more of an earthy tone to it's contour shade and it's highlight has a rose undertone to it.

The highlight shade doesn't show up very well against my skin tone!

Left to Right: Highlight, Contour (Caramel Toffee) 

Application: The application is amazing for a drugstore quality contour/highlight! These go so smoothly and give a flawless look to my face. I've been applying with the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush, a new brush they recently released early this year. It can be applied with a stipple brush, blush brush, bronzer brush, or contour brush.
Feel: The product feels very smooth on my skin! The only problem is that the product is very powdery!
Longevity: The product lasts a long time on my oily face, which is a plus

Pros:
Inexpensive
Long lasting
Smooth application
No offensive scent
Cons:
Hard to find
Very powdery
Only two shades in the product
Final Thoughts:
I've really been loving these contour shades for an everyday contour to my face! I'm not saying they will replace my Anastasia Contour Kit, since I love that kit for multiple uses such as setting undereye concealer, highlighting, and little deeper contouring to my face. But for everyday, these are perfect! I definitely think if you are new to the contouring world, you should pick these up and try them out. They are perfect for starters, every day use, or when you just want a little contouring and not something dramatic!

Watch my review and demo on my beauty channel!

3 comments:

  1. Really want to try this out, great post xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely try them out! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all like flowers that blooms or withered in the garden depending on how we take good care of our self. So do not let negativity pass through. Enjoy and be confident. Have a good day and visit my site for more information.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete