Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Review! Maybelline "The Brights" Palette + Swatches!

Hello beautifuls!

I'm back with another review for you on Maybelline's newest palette "The Brights"


Maybelline has released two palette prior to this one; The Nudes and The Smokes (I picked up The Smokes awhile back and have yet to see it in stores since I picked it up. Same with this palette here. Perhaps they are limited edition?) I spotted this in a Target near my boyfriend's apartment and had to pick it up! 

I was very disappointed in The Smokes when I tried it out. It didn't blend, the shadows were powdery, I had to keep digging my finger into the product to get color, and overall that palette was a disaster. The Nudes was only a better than The Smokes by a small amount.



The packaging is exactly the same as The Nudes and The Smokes. Same font, size, feel, weight, and the information on the back is the same (information about different looks, distribution information, expiration, etc.)


The palette comes with a nice variety of fun colors that can be used for Spring and Summer coming up. I was really hoping for the colors to be a little more on the actual bright side. These colors are very dark for being considered "bright" colors.

The palette also comes with a double ended sponge applicator.


First row of shades are more on the "bright" side. All of the shades in the top row have good pigmentation and blend nicely, except for the second pink shade. It doesn't come off the way it shows in the palette.


The second row kinda bothers me a little bit. They are very dark for being in a palette that is said to consist of bright colors. Perhaps to make bright smokey eye or some crazy neon look for a party. Either way, they are nice shades, good pigmentation and easy to work with.

Pros:
Inexpensive for the quality pay off (Paid around $12.00)
Good pigmentation
No offensive scents
Easy to apply and blend

Cons:
Hard to find the palette in stores
Possible limited edition
The pink champagne color in the top row doesn't swatch the same as in the palette
Palette contains a lot of dark shades for me a "bright" palette

Final Thoughts:
I'm very happy with this palette. I truly think Maybelline hit the target on this one. The last two weren't the best. The Nudes was a great palette, but something was missing for me. The Smokes was horrible for me. If you are able to find this palette, I definitely suggest picking it up!


I also have a video on my YouTube channel reviewing this palette...



If you're interested, I have a tutorial using this palette on my beauty channel!




1 comment:

  1. Totally agree about the other palettes from Maybelline, glad this one is better quality! X

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete