Wednesday, April 15, 2015

YouTube Bullying Awareness! Giving a prayer for a fallen Beauty YouTuber....

Hello beautifuls.....

I normally post about beauty related things, but today, I have to make this post. Ever since I saw this posted on the feed of my personal Facebook, it has devastated me. 

I've been making beauty videos on YouTube since October 2014, have a year I suppose. I haven't gotten many hate on my channel or my blog posts. I've gotten a few dislikes and maybe a few comments about the sound my cameras lens makes when it focuses on me but none the less, it has not stopped me. I've come across so much hate on videos across YouTube ... "You're ugly.", "You're too fat for YouTube.", "I can't stand looking at your ugly face." ... this and that. Words that can hurt anyone. Words that would make me cry in an instant if I were to read them.

I was bullied my entire school life (from middle school to about junior year of high school) for being different; too tall, too skinny, too flat chested, too this or that. I cried so many times, I tried so much to fit in with the others and my measures never worked. My parents were my true heroes through my school years. They kept me strong against the comments made towards me. My hobbies and interests kept me from believing too much in the hurtful comments, I just went on being myself. Of course, this all stopped after high school. College, I haven't had any hateful comments. I turned out to be pretty gorgeous! 

The purpose of this post, is mainly to give a prayer and spread the word about a recently fallen Beauty YouTuber, XxTayloralesanaxX. She is a sixteen year old who had a love for makeup. She was also a transgender. She had been bullied non stop on her videos, on her channel discussion section, and in her personal life for her life decision to change her gender and for being different. Even after she has passed, people are still leaving negative comments on the page; very sad!

Taylor committed suicide due to the overwhelming amount of hate being pointed towards her. Taylor was a happy, strong, and beautiful person, and people saw that and attacked that part of her. They tore her down... out of insecurity. They couldn't stand that she was happy with herself. Taylor was in so much pain from the comments made towards her, she took her own life at the age of sixteen on April 2nd. 


People may not realize (or care for that matter) how powerful their words can be online. A simple comment on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or any social media, can be powerful enough to impact a persons life. In this case, it impacted someone greatly. Bullying online is as horrible as it is in life. It hurts people, deeply. No one deserves to be made fun of because they are different from you or society. They don't deserve to be humiliated in public. They don't deserve to be treated as an outcast. They definitely don't deserve to be forced to end their life over it. Bullying is wrong, no matter how it's done; verbal, physical, or emotional. Bullying must be stopped!



Please, keep Taylor in your prayers and help spread the awareness of bullying and verbal abuse. If you or someone you know is a victim of it (in school, work, etc), please don't let it go by!


Taylor, I never met you or watched your videos... I'm deeply sorry for the pain you had to go through with this. The pain was so severe you had to take your own life. I know exactly how you felt when you were being bullied. Where ever your soul and spirit may be, please do not forget who you are; You are beautiful, strong, confident. 

May the Lord watch over you. You are in his hands now, and you are in good hands. Rest In Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this breaks my heart. I just want to wrap my arms around everyone who struggles with those feelings and say IT GETS BETTER. That absence of hope is the worst part.

    Z · JPOTTER

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I found her YouTube channel earlier, I just watched a couple videos and her bubbly personality hooked me to her but the comments were horrendous. Don't they find it disrespectful to leave mean comments on someone who's passed away because of them? I wish I was there to tell her it'll all turn out fine but I guess it's too late now :,(
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete