Friday, October 23, 2015

Review! Lorac Mega PRO 2 Palette + Swatches!

Hello beautifuls! Happy October (I know.... I'm late on that one)
I have for you today an exciting post for you. It's a review and swatches of the newest palette from Lorac; Lorac Mega PRO 2 Palette!


I wasn't able to get my hands on the first edition of this palette (Lorac Mego PRO Palette, which has maroon colored packing) because it was available online at select websites and they had a limited amount. I was at Ulta sometime last week returning an item and saw these guys sitting on the back shelf. I was like "Are they for sale?!" When I found out they were, I was like MINE!

This palette is an Ulta exclusive and retails for $60


The palette is very slim and sleek making it perfect for storing. The packaging has a velvety feel to it and it a lovely shade of royal blue.


To the left of the photo, the palette includes a giant mirror!


There are 32 shadows. The first 16 shadows are all matte and the second 16 shadows are all shimmers, making this a great palette for endless looks.

I have below close ups of all shadows in the palette along with their names. 

Mattes


Shimmers


The colors are mostly cool toned so if you're a cool toned kinda person, this palette will work great for you. The matte shadows are very soft, highly pigmented, blend well but, are very powdery with small to moderate fallout. The shimmer shadows are buttery! They are highly pigmented and blend so well compared to the matte shadows.

NOW FOR SWATCHES!

From left to right: Porcelain, Custard, Tawny, Burlap

From left to right: Melon, Tangerine, Saddle, Forest

From left to right: Bisque, Lavender, Purple, Sorbet

From left to right: Goji, Carbenet, Ash, Black

From left to right: Sugar, Chiffon, Prosecco, Soft Plum

From left to right: Cinnamon, Sandstone, Gunmetal, Blue Quartz

From left to right: Moonlight, Seashell, Peony, Dark Sienna

From left to right: Penny, Olivine, Gold Leaf, Black Ivy

Overall, the shadows are gorgeous in color and can be worked into any look!

Pros:
Highly pigmented
High quality
Blendable
Great assortment of shades to work with
Slim packaging allows easy storage

Cons:
Expensive
Packaging gets dirty real fast which will transfer onto other surfaces and palettes when stored (fingerprints, smudges, etc)
Ulta exclusive
Matte shadows are powdery and have small fallout

Final Thoughts:
I wasn't able to get my hands on the original palette, so I can't make a good comparison of the two next to each other but, I do suggest going out, looking at the palette, swatching it in Ulta, and possibly getting it. 
I know right on point, the price will drive anyone away. $59 is quite expensive for an eyeshadow palette (compared to a lot of other palettes this price come with goodies in them, whereas this didn't).
It's a great palette overall, I just wish they threw in a few goodies to compensate for the high price on this palette. If you enjoy cool toned shadows and are fine with shadows that on the powdery side, and don't mind spending the dollars, I say get your hands on this before it leaves.

As always, my opinions are honest!

Thank you! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment