Sunday, July 12, 2020

Blogging Essentials



We all use different essentials to improve, keep create content, and maintain any type of blog, whether it be about food or mine of course, beauty! I have a few set essentials I like to use when it comes to creating content, keeping track of new and current blog post ideas, improving and maintaining my blog here. 

I use an assortment of programs, websites and equipment all for doing just that!




This model is no longer manufacture by Canon, but it's somewhat available through Amazon and Ebay, if you're able to find this specific model. It was my first Digital SLS camera and still being used to take photos of products I share here in my blog post and in my videos over on my YouTube channel. Canon makes great quality cameras, some with multiple features and some that are basic point and shoots to get the job done. You don't need to have the most expensive camera on the market, but if I'd recommend a camera, start looking at Canon cameras while you're out looking. Looking for one that gives you macro function (as well as other photo taking specifications, interchangeable lens, rechargeable battery (or non-rechargeable batteries), SD card availability are just some of the features that you should for when on the hunt for a camera for blogging.





Unless you have a white box or photo box that you use, an OttLite is a great suggestion to have when taking photos of products for a beauty blog. It brightens up the area around the product, making editing adjustments of white balance easier if needed.



I'm not saying you have to go out a buy the biggest SD card out there. Some are in high capacity for professionals who take hundreds of photos a day, but for blogging, 16GB to 32GB is more than enough space for photos. I use the 16GB mostly for photos I'm taking on my Canon and my 64GB for videos I'm filming for my YouTube channel.



I use Evernote for more than just my blogging. I've been using their system for over 5 years now for personal things, managing different lists, inventory for my die cutting shop, Couture Paper Designs, to creating lists of new ideas of blog posts. Evernote is completely free, letting you use it on two different devices (Computer, Tablet/iPad, or Phone), but if you need to use on more than 2 devices, you have to upgrade to one of their premium plans. I have a student plan, since I'm currently attending college and also use it for school purposes as well. 



Photoshop is apart of Adobe and is through their Creative Cloud system. I use Photoshop mainly for making the banners I use for my YouTube channel, Twitter, Facebook, and on my blog sometimes. I also use for adjusting white balance in photos I take. It is a paid subscription to use. If you are a student, you also get a discount through them as well to use if you're a student of the arts!



Fotor is completely free! And I use it to adjust white balance in photos, crop photos and make collages of my photos for my blog posts.







0 comments:

Post a Comment