Friday, January 30, 2015

January 2015 Favorites!


Happy Friday beautifuls! I can't believe it's already the end of January and the year just started! 2014 went by fast...


Today I'm sharing my January 2015 favorites with you all. I have some makeup, body care, brushes, and some random stuff I decided to throw in the favorites pile.

 Makeup:


Milani Matte Lipsticks (Matte Innocence & Naked): 
Oh my, when I finally got my hands on these lipsticks, I was excited to try them out. I usually don't get too many matte lipsticks becuase they either dry my lips out or don't sit very well on my lips. These lipsticks are amazing! They are so creamy! They lasts so long, don't dry my lips out, and the color payoff is beautiful!


Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (Light/Medium):
I finally gave this bronzer another shot. I loooooooove it. No really, I do. I think I've found the perfect everyday bronzer for my skin tone! It's perfect, stays all day, and smells so delicious!

Milani Powder Rose Blush (Romantic Rose):
These blushes were limited edition a year or so ago, and I could never get my hands on them, never! They were always sold out and at select stores. When I saw that they were bringing them back as a permanent collection on their instagram page, I was excited! These blushes are a must have, especially if have pale skin like me. They are long lasting, wonderful smelling, high pigmented, and not bad on the price either.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Banana shade):
I finally got on the "Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit" wagon. For so long, I was told I should get it, it's great, blah blah blah.... I finally decided to get it with my 20% off coupon and points at Ulta for super cheap and I'm in love with banana shade. I use to set my undereye concealer and it sets it for the entire day with no creasing!

Maybelline "The Brights" Palette:
This is Maybelline's newest palette they released in the very beginning of this year. It's exclusive to Target, so it's very hard to find, if you find it at all right now. I have a full review and currently a tutorial up about this palette. I have loved with palette since I bought it. It's their best released palette in my opinion. Such pretty colors and pigmentation!



L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Set & Spray Makeup Extender Setting Spray:
I've only liked a few makeup settings sprays in my entire makeup experience. Those by Urban Decay and Skindinavia. This one is amazing! It works just as well as my Allnighter Spray by Urban Decay. It holds my makeup in place all day and especially around my nose where I get the oiliest in my oily t-zone.

Brushes: 


Real Techniques Buffing Brush:
I've been using a large stippling brush to blend out my bronzer, blush, and highlight, until now! I love this brush for that. Don't get me wrong, I still love and use my stippling brush for blending, but this brush gives the blending an airbrush look!

Real Techniques Contour Brush:
I haven't used this for contouring much, maybe just a little! I've been using it to pat on my highlight on my upper cheek bones and it does such a wonderful job! It puts on the right amount of highlight; not too much, not too little! Just enough!

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush:
I haven't used a foundation brush to apply foundation in almost a year or so now since I was so hooked onto using my beauty sponges to apply it. This brush it awesome! Not only does it apply foundation beautifully, it gives it an airbrush look, and the blending it does is incredible!

Sonia Kashuk Large Shader Brush (No. 203):
I picked this up early this month while at Target and was curious about trying it out. I've been eyeing it for awhile and thought, "why not!" It makes packing colors onto the lid so easy and fast! It great for inner corner highlight colors too!

Body Care:


Acure Coconut & Pumpkin Ulta-Hydrating Body Wash:
I loooove this body wash. It smells amazing. I found it at Whole Foods. It's so moisturizing, I don't even need lotion on my legs after a shower with it. I can ever shave my legs with it if I want. Acure makes such great products.

Shea Moisture Olive & Great Tea Body Wash:
Another body wash that I absolutely love! I'm so glad I finally tried this brand after seeing it for so long. It's such a great smelling, moisturizing body wash that leaves my legs feeling so wonderful after a shower. I can also shave with this if I want. My skin is also no longer dried, itchy, and red after starting to use this body wash. 

Nubian Heritage Lavender & Wildflowers Body Lotion:
This is a wonderful body lotion. It definitely lives up to it's claims of being soothing, anti-inflammatory, and relaxing to tired muscles! My legs are so happy when I use this lotion. I have the beginnings of arthritis in my ankle and this really helps to calm it down after a long day on my feet. It has the consistency of a body butter, so I prefer to use it at night after a shower, but either way, it has really improved my skin. My skin is no longer itchy and dried out!

COMPLETELY RANDOM THINGS!


 Juicy Fruit Starbursts Gum (Strawberry):
This gum tastes just like strawberry starbursts. I can't stop chewing it!


Windex Electronic Wipes:
I really like these wipes for my Galaxy S4, iPad, iPod, Laptop ... all my electronics! They get gunky and greasy after a few days of handling and these wipes get all the oil from my face, hands, makeup, dust, and dirt off them!

Pledge Multi Surface Wipes:
My vanity and bedside table from all mirror furniture from the Hayworth Collection at Pier 1 Imports, and for the longest time, I was cleaning them with windex. Thankfully, I stopped doing that and used a cleaner specifically designed for mirrors. This gets all the gunk and powder off my vanity that collects throughout the week (and I mean... a thin line of powder is on my vanity by the end of week, haha!)


SimCity BuildIt:
Ooooh my goodness! I haven't been obsessed with a game this long since Guild Wars (and I still play Guild Wars, ever since 2007, haha) If you ever played the Sims, you know they the most demanding people ever! In this game, you have Sims living in your city and you have to keep them happy, healthy, and safe! It's like building a city, destroying it, rebuilding it, and playing with Sims at the same time! Fun addictive game! 


What were your favorite products for the month of January?


Watch my January 2015 Favorites video on my beauty channel!


0 comments:

Post a Comment