Saturday, November 1, 2014

October 2014 Favorites!

Happy November, beautifuls! I hope your October was an awesome month. Mine was busy and went by pretty fast. October was my "bursting into flames" month; I blogged a lot, made some great friends, found great blogs, and started on YouTube! Today, I'll be sharing my October 2014 favorites!


I honestly feel like this eyeshadow palette and lip month. I fell in love with so many lip products and eyeshadow palettes, it's crazy!

Makeup:


Too Faced Everything Nice Palette:
Not only was this palette grabbed a million times for golden Fall looks, it also gave me some neutral looks I could throw a pop of color in with! The bronzers and blushes were used heavily with every look as well. I absolutely fell in love with this palette. 

Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette:
It's Fall time and during this time of the year, I always grab for my eyeshadows of plums, burgundies, golds, and mauves. This palette was a hit for this month for creating my deep plum and burgundy Fall looks.

MAC Warm Neutral Palette:
I have been grabbing for this palette everytime I've wanted a neutral look. The palette has fifteen warm toned neutral shades that give me endless options for neutral looks.


Milani Matte Lipstick (Enchanted Topaz):
This lipstick came out with Milani's limited edition constellation gel eyeliners about a month ago and I picked up every gel eye liner and the nudest color in their lipsticks. I have to say, this is a beautiful mate nude shade, it stayed matte throughout it's wear, lasted a long time, and did not dry my lips out at all.

NYX Black Label Lipsticks (Nude & Heiress):
I've never been able to get my hands on any of the NYX Black Label Lipsticks. I've only seen them on their website, but they were still a bit pricey and didn't know how they would look with my skin tone until I saw them at Nordstrom Rack! I swatched Nude and Heiress and I fell in love with them. Perfect. Peachy. Nudes.

Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick (Nude Embrace):
I finally broke down a few weeks and bought two of Maybelline's new creamy matte lipsticks and I actually fell in love with them. I've never been a huge fan of matte lipsticks, since my experience with them has been dried and cracked lips after wearing them. Totally opposite! They are creamy! I wouldn't say they last long or moisturize my lips, because they didn't, but the color pay off was fabulous!

ELF Lipstick (Party in the Buff):
For a $3 lipstick found at TJ Maxx, this is a good lipstick. Another perfect peachy nude!

NYX Lip Liners (Natural & Nude Pink) and Jordana Lip Liner (Tawny):
All three of these lip liners have been heavily used during the month of October, especially when I wanted to pair a nude lip with bold eye looks! These give my nude lipsticks a warmer look to them so I don't get that "washed out" or "sick" look to my lips.

Lypsyl Lip Balm:
I originally found out about this from Hollie Forest @ EatingLipstick and I'm glad I gave it a try. It moisturizes my lips for hours and my lips feel soft even after the lip balm wears off.

Chapstick Total Hydration:
I discovered this at Target and thought, "why not, what's the worse that will happen?". I have to say, this stuff is amazing. I've been applying it to my lips before applying makeup and it hydrates my lips and prepares them for lip applications and keeps them hydrated for hours.

Too Faced Melted Lipsticks (Melted Marshmallowe & Peony):
These two products have been flying in and out of my everyday makeup bag through out the entire month of October. They have been a quick option for me when I needed a quick applying lip product that will last a long time. I absolutely love these!


BH Cosmetics Six Color & Contour Palette (Blush #2):
I've been loving the second blush in this palette. It's the perfect peachy pink for my skin tone.



Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder:
I have extremely oily skin, especially in my nose area and only a few products have worked on controlling that oil throughout the day and save my makeup. I've been a long time user and fan of Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but it started letting shine come through. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't start using this powder. It holds oil all day for me! It's become a holy grail powder for me now.

ELF High Defenition Undereye Setting Powder:
I used to set my undereye concealer (MAC Pro Longwear Concealer) with a transluent face powder and I always got this white cast, it settled in the creases under my eyes, or it didn't last all day. This stuff is amazing. It sets my concealer, prevents creasing, lasts all day, and gives me a more awake look, especially in the mornings!

Skin Care


Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator:
Another holy grail skin care product. I have absolutely no idea where I would be if I didn't have this on my skin in the morning before I apply my makeup. It minimizes my pores and controls my oil all day. I was using another moisturizer that had salicydic acid in it (horrible, horrible idea!) and I'm so glad I tried a sample of this and fell in love with it!

Simple Eye Makeup Remover Pads:
I had an emergency two weeks ago! The Urban Decay Primer Potion was giving my eyes an allergic reaction and causing them to water like crazy (it took me forever to finally figure out that it was the primer doing) and I stopped into Walgreens and picked these up to remove all my eye makeup and their makeup remover wipes to remove all my face makeup and viola! Amazing! They remove all traces of eye makeup and don't bother me eyes all! Holy grail now!

Brush Care:


BlenderCleanser Solid:
This stuff is amazing for my beauty sponges. I was using baby shampoo for so long to clean my beauty sponges, which was doing absolutely nothing to remove product and stains out of it. My beauty sponges are saved now because of this little guy! Foundation, concealer, and stains be gone!

Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps (Peppermint):
I was using baby shampoo to clean my makeup brushes (which personally is safer for them than dish soap and oil, ugh, I can't put something harsh like dish soap on my makeup brushes, just no) and it wasn't getting the stains out of them very well. This stuff is truely magical! It gets all the product out of the brushes, all the stains and leaves them feeling and looking clean!

I hope you all enjoyed my October 2014 favorites and had an awesome October!


What were your favorite products for the month of October?


4 comments:

  1. I want to try some of this clinque stuff because I have heard loads of peope raving about them. I love the simple remover wipes I use them all the time. I really use all the same products most of the time I don't like to change them because my skin gets so bad when I change products I always use simple and sanex stuff on my face and bath though xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Marie - I've stuck to using Clinique since my early teenage years because it's helped my skin during puberty, breaking out, and going crazy at random times and it still to this day continues to help benefit my skin. Only a few of their products have given me horrible side effects. I don't like chance either, because well... my skin is sensitive on my entire body! These simple wipes are nice and gentle to my skin and no scent! :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog! Loving the mac palette! I'm also wanting to try some Clinique products but not sure where to start! My favourite product this month has to be my hd brow palette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♡ just walk up to any Clinique counter and ask them questions, give them your skin concerns and they will be able to help you! I swear by their skincare.. it's helped my skin so much through the years!

      Delete