Sunday, September 7, 2014

August 2014 Favorites

I'm a little late on my favorites for the month of August, seeming as I just started blogging but, I have been using quite a few products that I in fell love with so much that I ended up grabbing for them every time I was getting ready to put on makeup....


Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette - This palette was bought with a Sephora gift card for my birthday, which was August 25th. I was playing with the colors and swatching them and instantly fell in love with them! And the smell of chocolate? How could I resist! This palette is a MUST HAVE!

Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer - A few years back I used the lash primer from Urban Decay (purple and white packaging) and loved how it made my lashed longer, thicker, fuller and made my mascara lasts throughout the day! Then they stopped making it, which was so sad! I saw this at Ulta and had to pick it up and try it. It makes my lashes look longer, thicker, fuller and gives them the appearance of false lashes. I let the primer dty on my lashes while I do my blush and bronzer before applying mascara! I'm so glad they brought this lash primer back. Holy grail product!

Milani Eye & Brow Highligher - I've been using this to carve out the bottom portion of my brows after filling and shaping them in! It has two sides, Matte Beige & High Glow and I've mostly using the Matte Beige side of it!

Milani Easybrow - I recently ran out of my MAC "Lingering" brow pencil and was on the hunt for a temporary replacement. I found this brow pencil at my local Walmart. This pencil is amazing! It has a smooth finish, glides on nicely, water resistant and perfect for my taupe colored eyebrows. I use it for shaping my eyebrows before filling them in. It's a must try!

Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup - This has been my go-to foundation for the summer time. I live in Florida and it has been pretty hot and humid this year (for the record, by the way!) and other foundations have really been struggling with the humidity and my oil. I would say this is a medium to build able full coverage foundation, lightweight and easy to apply. It hasn't broken me out at all since using it and it really holds my oil and shine throughout the day of wearing it. It reminds me of the MAC Studio Sculpt which sadly, breaks me out and burns my skin. 

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer - I have very oily skin, especially in my T-Zone and 90% of the time, my makeup will start to "fall apart" in my nose area, even with setting powders, setting sprays, blotting papers, etc. I found this baby at Sephora. My makeup stays fresh and matte all throughout the day, no shine and no touching up. It's a bit pricey for a primer but it is totally worth it! It does feel dry on my skin when I apply it but after it dries my pores and oil are minimized. I have not had any reactions or breakouts from this so that is a plus!

Milani Gel-to-Powder Eyeshadows (Bella Ivory & Bella Champagne) - I found out about these new shadows from a few makeup blogs I read regularly and started seeing them at my local Walgreens and Walmart. I ended up picking up a bunch of shades and have really loved these two shades for the month of August. These two particular colors have been great base colors for my eyelid colors in multiple neutral and gold-toned palettes. They are pigmented, easy to apply and create no fallout. I've been applying with my ring finger.

Smashbox Master Class Palette III - I can't say enough about this. IT'S A MUST HAVE. It was limited edition and I ended up buying it at Sephora as an early birthday present to myself because of the limited availability of it and because I loved the Master Class Palette II so much. I've been the purple section of the eye shadows mostly but, the bronzer and blushes have been used every day since I bought this palette. Great pigmentation all over the palette.

0 comments:

Post a Comment