Monday, September 29, 2014

My Top Foundations for Oily Skin (Summer Edition)

I live in the hot, sunny and humid climate of Florida. Yes, the beaches, the parks, the sunlight, the theme parks, and ... the dreaded humidity. If it wasn't for the humidity here in Florida, I would be happy all the time, even with the hot temperatures everyday, but, the humidity is known for making my oily skin an oil slick, my nose get shiny, and my makeup breaking apart!

Over the past few years, I've found a set few foundations that really, and I mean REALLY stay put in the weather here after wearing it for hours. I go to college, work a job, take care of the dogs in my house, have fun outside in the heat with my boyfriend and family.


Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup, $23

For a lightweight, medium coverage foundation, this is awesome stuff. This year alone, summer has been extremely hot and humid, especially with all the rain we've been getting and this foundation has earned it's place at the very top. It rarely needs touching up through out the day. When applying it, it does dry on the quick side so working with it can not be a slow pace. It wears beautifully on my skin. 

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation, $12

I love this stuff so much. I just wish that hadn't packaged it they way they did. I hate putting my fingers in the jar, that is unsanitary no matter how clean your hands are! I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours, more like maximum of 12 hours of me until it begins to break down from my oil. I've worn it one day for a total of 12 hours because I was out all day and was amazed how it held up to all my oil and sweating that day. It really does hold up against sweating and humidity here in Florida. I like to call this my "cement in a bottle" because sometimes I feel like it dries like that and stays that way until you remove it. Definitely a summer foundation and a all time favorite!


Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+ Matifying Foundation, $36

I would say this is is a medium to full coverage foundation for me. It's water resistant and has proven so many times when I've gotten caught in the rain! This foundation wears beautifully matte on my skin, but with a natural matte look to it. It doesn't dry as fast as the Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup does so I can work a little slower with this. Against humidity, it doesn't hold up as well and I feel that it does begin to break down a bit around the nose when I've had it on for over 8 hours. Other than that, it holds up against my oily skin and the hot weather here in Florida.


Revlon ColorStay, $10

I wear this during the summer days when I know there isn't going to be much rain going on and humidity is on the lower end, because it does not stand up against humidity very well for me. Staying power against my oily skin and getting caught it rain, yes, but too many hours (about 8 to 9) in the summer humidity here in Florida and it starts to separate around my nose. It dries fast, so I have to work with it quickly but, through out the day it wears beautifully on my skin.





0 comments:

Post a Comment