Monday, December 1, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 1: Preparing for Christmas


Blogmas 2014 Day 1: Preparing for Christmas
Blogmas 2014 List - Here


This is going to be a rather short post, since me and my family don't do a lot to prepare for Christmas. After Thanksgiving, usually the day after, I start to put away Fall decorations and drag out the Christmas decorations! This is usually when I test all the inside and outside lights to make sure they work (every year a line stops working!)

Usually, we don't get the actual tree until a few weeks into Christmas, so I focus on decorating my bedroom (with the small fake tree I have and small decorations), the living room, family room, kitchen area, and foyer way. Then, the outside lights and decorations get put out, and last is the tree!
We usually make out wish list in the few weeks of December and give them to each other and we make our Christmas dinner/dessert requests for mom (her Christmas cookies are the BEST!) and then the madness begins.
Throughout the middle of December towards Christmas Day, everyone is going crazy gift shopping, food shopping, getting things ready, cleaning the house for guests. We are usually doing this right up until the last few days until Christmas.
That's really all I can say in a nutshell for what my family does to prepare for Christmas. Decorate, bake, get the house ready for guests, decorate the tree, and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love to get an insight into other people's Christmas build up and traditions. I'm doing blogmas too. Not sure how it will pan out but I'll give it a go lol xx

    ReplyDelete