Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 2: Christmas Scents

Blogmas 2014 Day 2: Christmas Scents


When I think about Christmas time, one of my most favorite things that come to mind, are the scents during Christmas time. The scents during this time of year are different; they're magical, they come from a family tradition, they come from homemade baking, and they are always so unique every year.

Real Christmas Trees
Growing up, we never had artificial trees, we always went out to look at them and brought a real one home. It's only since two years ago that I bought a small artificial tree for my bedroom and the kitchen, but I still love and prefer real trees. They have a warm, inviting, earthy, and fresh smell to them that ends up circulating through the entire house. I love walking downstairs and smelling a real Christmas tree. 

Mom's Christmas Cookies
She makes fudge, sugar cookies, bird's nest cookies, candy cane cookies, gingerbread people, and many others, but these five are my most favorite cookies she makes every year. They always small wonderful when they are baking in the oven and their taste is delicious! Their smell and taste are just something you can't buy from a store.

Candy Canes
I'm such a peppermint fan, it's absolutely ridiculous! I eat candy canes all through out the month of December, because it's the only time you ever see them sold in stores! They have several benefits for me, including clearing up my sinuses and throat when I eat them. I hang them on the tree, stick them in my eggnog drink, stick them in jars in the kitchen and give them to friends with a card. They're that one candy I've always loved since I was a child.

Winter Night
It doesn't get too terribly cold here in my area of Florida, but it sure is nice compared to our regular 80 to 95 degree with humidity weather! During this time, the air is colder, drier and so wonderful to be out in with scarves and jackets. 


3 comments:

  1. Here in Portugal we don't have real Christmas trees, only the artificial ones! I believe most people here have never even seen a real Christmas tree in their lives, at least I know I haven't, it's weird isn't it?
    x The Caramel Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year I am deffo going to get a real tree but they are soooooooo mess xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete