Saturday, December 6, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 6: What makes you most excited for Christmas?

Blogmas 2014 Day 6: What makes you most excited for Christmas?



I've never been asked this question before... so I decided to throw in my Blogmas 2014 list this year! I always like hearing about others reasons why they celebrate Christmas, what they think it's truly all about, etc...

Growing up, I thought it was all about me (didn't we all?) I thought it was all about presents, wrapping them up, seeing Santa, being a sad face kid because I saw everything in stores that I wanted and I had "to wait till Christmas" or "ask Santa for it" ... and that it was the birth of Jesus.

I was like this until probably after high school and when I started to grow up more...

Getting into my early 20's or whatever you want to call it (I'm 25) I started to learn there is more to Christmas than just presents and thinking about yourself. It's the birth of Jesus! It's a time to be together with your family, wrapping presents, putting up decorations, happily seeing songs to yourself, giving gifts to others, giving to those less fortunate than you, and spreading cheer.

When it's time for Christmas to come around, I'm festive. I can't wait to start decorating, looking at all the different decorations set ups, thinking of gifts I want to get for others, and seeing what I'm able to give for charity drives. There are a lot of children who don't get the chance to have a Christmas or have families who can't afford anything to make their Christmas a memorable one, so it's always been a goal for me to give at least one gift every year, no matter what it be, to a charity drive.

It's not about the crazy shopping lines, it's not about who shoves who, it's not about going bananas on Black Friday, it's not about the presents and money, it's about being with your family, giving to others, and the birth of Jesus!

NOW TO GO DRINK LOTS OF EGGNOG!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a lot of Christians have that aha moment about Christmas. We all grow up know that it really about Jesus , but we are still centered around the gift5. Then it's like one day you really acknowledge what Christmas is all about , and the gifts are just an added bonus! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is about family but I think it is more for the children now . I can not wait until I have my own and can play Santa hehe. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete