Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Hits & Misses!


Happy Friday everyone! Hope your Friday is going awesome! Today, I'd like to share my Friday hits and misses; products I loved and dreaded through this week.



Hits!

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps (Peppermint):
I recently picked this up at Target hearing great reviews about it from various blogs and watching videos as another method of washing makeup brushes. I love this stuff! I was using Baby Shampoo for the longest time to wash out my makeup brushes, and it just wasn't getting the job done. I would have stains left over from foundation, eyeshadows and other powder products that would not come out. This stuff is truely magical, it cleans my brushes, gets every amount of color out of the bristles and, leaves them feeling soft and smelling good!

BeautyCleanser (Solid):
For the longest time, I was washing my beauty sponges with baby shampoo and I could never get the concealer and foundation stains out of the sponge, never! So, I picked this bad boy up at Sephora and gave it a try and I was surprised that it actually worked! It got all the stains out of the sponge (new and old) and made my sponge look brand new again.

Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original):
I started using this primer late September going into October and have loved using it so far. It holds my eyeshadows on all day, prevents creasing, and it works great on my eyelids, which can get oily sometimes. It does unfortunately make my eyes watery if I apply it my lower lash line area so that part is a miss for me, but other than that, it's a great primer!

Maybelline ColorSensational Creamy Matte Lipstick (Daringly Nude):
I finally broke down last night and bought a few of these new Maybelline lipsticks that were released a little while ago. I have fallen in love with them. They are a perfect matte look on my lips, doesn't dry them out, they smell delicious, pretty packaging, and the color payoff is nice. Definitely going to buy more shade colors!

Misses!

BH Cosmetics Contour & Blush 6 Color Palette:
I absolutely looove the blushes in this palette. They are highly pigmented, long lasting, beautiful shades but, the contour shade.... broke! I found it at Urban Outfitters for around $12 so I guess it's not that bad that it broke since I paid so little for the palette. I bought a second palette of this (exact same palette) for my makeup kit I use on my friends and potential clients and now I'm worried this too will happen!


As you can see above, the contour shade broke on it's own...

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara:
No, never again! I like that it gives my lashes length and little bit of volume I can't get over the scent of it! It smells too chemically for my preference and the moment I applied this for the first time, it burned my eyes and made them watery all day.

Urban Decay Nail Polish (Zodiac):
I was really excited to find Urban Decay nail polishes at Nordstrom Pack for around $5, I litterly jumped up with excitement but, even with a top and base coat, this polish chips horribly within a day. I thought these nail polishes would be high quality... guess not!

ELF Eyelid Primer (Pearl):
I love the original sheer eyelid primer from ELF, so I decided to give this formula a try. It makes my eyes all glittery! I thought it would give a pearl look to my eyelids, thus making the eyeshadows appear with more of a pearl look to me. I can't get over all the glitter... and it was falling all over my face! Eek!

I'd like to hear from you! What are your Friday hits and misses?




2 comments:

  1. I love Dr. Bronners soap too!! I am so glad that you mentioned the smell of the Better than sex mascara. I haven't tried it, but I have noticed that some of the popular products on Youtube smell super bad. Like the Elnett hairspray and a lot of the lipsticks! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I gave the mascara a second try today, and I do like it... it really gives nice volume, but... the smell is strong and that really bothers me :/ I thought it was the mascara that was bothering my eyes, but I found out what it was.. the Urban Decay Primer Potion and using tape to get a clean edge look on my eyes (I use several different methods to get the edge, thank goodness!), quit using it and changed my eye and face makeup removers and I've had no problems since. I don't know... the mascara's scent is so awful to me...

    ReplyDelete