Sunday, October 26, 2014

How To: Save Money on Buying Makeup!

Over the years of buying various brands of makeup from the drugstore brands to the higher end brands, I've learned that it gets expensive! I would spend possibly hundreds on makeup purchases a year and didn't know that I could save a little bit more money here and there! I have a few tips and tricks that I follow to help me save money on purchasing makeup!


Checking the Sunday Paper!
I know, I know.. it's a hassle to go out and buy one of these but, they are so cheap these days, why not! My father gets the paper every Sunday and that newspaper is usually loaded with good coupons! I've spotted L'Oreal, Revlon, Maybelline, Covergirl, Almay, and Neutrogena with their own coupons. Plus, I've spotted a few distributed brands with their "brand saver" booklet with more coupons!


Coupons.com
Website | Mobile App: Android & iPhone
I didn't start using this website until a few months ago and I'm so glad I discovered it! You can find coupons for just about anything, including cosmetics! I've seen Revlon, Maybelline, Covergirl, L'Oreal and many other makeup brands with coupon savings that add up to $20 with all the coupons combined, which really cuts your bill! I've printed off coupons for $1-$2 off mascaras, eyeshadows and foundations. They rotate their coupons every few weeks, so checking back often helps you find great deals.

Retailmenot.com
Website | Mobile App: Android & iPhone
This website helps you find deals and sales at retail stores near you! They have an option of picking in-store or online coupons to a lot of stores, including Sephora and Ulta! It gives you the option of saving coupons for later use, and if you have their mobile app, all you have to do is present the coupon barcode at the register! I've used this plenty of times to check for the closest deals and sales on beauty items, especially during the holiday season! It comes to great handy for those of you who shop for cosmetics online!

Cartwheel by Target
Website | Mobile App: Android & iPhone
I've used their mobile app on many occasions and it has come in handy, espeically when I need to pick of essential items like foundation, powders, concealers, etc. If you check around their beauty section of the app (which every week their deals are rotated and changed), you will have 5% to about 20% of certain cosmetics by brands or if you're lucky you'll find %10 of an entire brand, no matter what you buy! You just open up the app, save your deals and show your barcode at the register!

Ulta Beauty Club
Website | Mobile App: Android & iPhone
Their beauty club is free to sign up and they've completely revamped how it works now! After you've racked up a certain amount of points, you get a certain amount of dollars of your entire purchase. This is great if you regularly shop with Ulta as your points will add up pretty fast!

Walgreens & CVS Rewards Card
Website (Walgreens) & Website (CVS) | Mobile App: Android & iPhone
This is also free to sign up with their loyalty cards! If you're like me, you hunt down Walgreens and CVS for new and limited edition makeup that is released by makeup brands (in my area, Walgreens always has the new and limited edition cosmetics). Or, you just buy all your cosmetics there because they always have a buy one, get one deal going on! You get a certain dollar amount back to spend on your purchase after receiving a number of points with their rewards cards. They often do a special on their reward cards; where they double the amount of points you get, making it that much easier to get more money off your final purchase!

I hope this list helps you out with your makeup buying. I've relied on couponing so much to save on buying makeup and it really has paid off. I've been able to get more quantity for a small price and then I'm able to splurge on makeup from Sephora! Whenever you're out makeup shopping, don't forget to bring your coupons, apps and deals along with you!

What are some ways you save on buying makeup?




0 comments:

Post a Comment