Saturday, October 11, 2014

Maybelline "The Smokes" Palette + Swatches!

Hey everyone! I'm excited to share this with you! I recently spotted and picked up the new Maybelline "The Smokes" palette at Walgreens for about $12. I was a fan of their twelve fan palette "The Nudes"and was excited to see photos of their "The Smokes" and "The Brights". I will sharing photos of the palette, colors and swatches of the colors. Please excuse my reflection in a few of the photos.

I will do a full review on this palette once I've had the chance to create looks with it and test out the wearing of these eyeshadow colors!

The front features a clear view of all the colors and the name "The Smokes"


The back features ingredients, and three looks featuring quads, trios, and duos and information about the palette itself.


It comes with a double-ended sponge applicator (which I ended up throwing out since I don't use them myself) The palette features twelve gorgeous colors that can create several night or day looks. It has five mattes and seven shimmers.



Swatches! I've primed these eyeshadows.

The first row has two mattes and two shimmers

This row is probably my absolute favorite! It has the most pigmentation out of all the colors in the palette. It has all shimmers except the last color is a matte with shimmer.


The last row has two mattes and two shimmers. Sadly, even with a primer, the second color barely shows up against my skin tone, it would be a great highlight color!

My final thoughts
- Highly recommend using an eye primer of your choice
Expensive
Travel friendly sized palette
Some colors aren't very pigmented
Some colors don't show up very well even with an eyeshadow primer


 





0 comments:

Post a Comment