Friday, October 24, 2014

Trash Talk: Empties! + Mini Reviews! (October 2014)

Hello beautifuls! It's that time again! Time to pull out my bag of empty products, share a mini review on them and then recycle/throw out the containers!

Skin:


Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes:
These are by far my favorite go-to makeup removing wipes to removed my face makeup and leftover mascara that my eye makeup remover didn't get. They leave no residue on my face, they take everything off, they have pretty much no smell, they don't break me out and best of all; they're inexpensive!

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (Pomegrante Acai):
I believe this was in my last empties post, haha. I just love this product. I could rave all day about this stuff. They come in an assortment of different scents, they leave my skin smooth for days, prepare my skin for a close shave, help with dry skin and they leave no residue on the shower floor!

Satin Care with a touch of Olay Shaving Cream:
I have really been loving this stuff for shaving! I used to use the skintimate brand and I switched this brand and I can't recall why now. This is barely scented which is a plus for me since my skin is very sensitive to scented soaps and gives my legs great moisture!

LUSH Dark Angels (Sample)
I don't know how I feel about this stuff right now... I only used the sample a few times before it ran out so, I didn't get a full run to try it out and see how I liked it. I do notice my oil isn't as oily right now since using the small bit of sample (that also could also be from the weather changing). I did like the feeling of it; felt and smelled very earthy and natural!

Clinique Claryifying Lotion (#3):
I can not. I repeat can not live without this in my life. My skin can not live without it. I can change my moisturizer and face wash up all I want but this toner is the key ingredient in my skincare routine. It balances the pH level in my skin, keeps my acne and break outs in check and prepares my skin for the night and day! I've been using it since late teenage years, nothing will ever replace it.

Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash (Unscented)
This body wash is great. I always end up returning to it, no matter what. I loooove body washes from Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works but, they irritate my skin so much if I use them for too long of a time. I can use them for awhile and then my skin just gets irritated from them (they get dried, cracked and red) so I stuck to using this body wash. Amazing!

Hair


L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Volume Filler Thickening Conditioner:
I always run out of conditioner before shampoo. Does anyone else have that issue? I really love this shampoo and conditioner set but, it's not worth the hype. I have long hair and it has it's day when it wants to be thick and when it wants to be thin. Not much I can say about this other than ... it makes my hair feel thick but not drastically thick.

Tresemme Mega Firm Control Hairspray:
This is like cement for your hair! I use this mainly for the "poof" on my head (yes, that snooky kinda think I get asked all the time about, haha) and it holds it in place all day! 

Makeup:


L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara:
I really loved this mascara when it came out. I really did, until the smell got to me. It has a chemically smell to it and it dried out very fast on me. It did give my lashes length and a little volume but that is about it. I probably won't be purchasing this again because the smell bothered my eyes. Good mascara though, horrible scent!

Dior Diorshow Mascara:
NO, NEVER AGAIN! Not only is this over priced for a mascara, but the wand is huge (and it's not that huge for a sample size mascara) and you can't use it properly. It did absolutely nothing to my lashes and made my eyes burn. It has a fragrant smell to it, like someone sprayed it with a perfume. That's a complete no. 

Makeup Brush Care:


Baby Shampoo:
Happy to say, I'm finally retiring baby shampoo from my makeup brush cleaning routine! I found an alternative, a better alternative! This is a cheap method of cleaning makeup brushes but if you have long wearing foundations or concealers or high pigmented eyeshadows and you have stains left from them, this will not get them out fully. It cleans the brush but never gets the stains on completely.

Candles: 


Bath & Body Works Candle (Mahogany Teakwood):
This was also in my last empties post! I always, always, ALWAYS repurchase this candle everytime I go to Bath & Body Works during their 2 for $22 deal on their 3-wick candles. It's my absolute favorite candle, it smells amazing, long burning time and over all great quality candle!

719 Walnet Avenue Candle (Mcintosh Apples):
This candle is from walmart. I found it awhile ago and purchased it for my parents for my kitchen downstairs. Even they said it smelled great and like apples. Sadly, it doesn't have a long burning time to it and once you get down to the wick area, it gives a bad burning smell. This candle was pretty inexpensive (I wanna say $10?) so it's not bad for the price. Good quality candle!


What were your empties for the month of October?



0 comments:

Post a Comment