Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review! Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm!

I'm really excited to share with you guys my new holy grail eye cream. Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. I received this as a deluxe sample size in a beauty bag from Sephora with a $35 purchase and have fallen in love ever since. 

My first experience with Algenist products wans't so great. I received their "Firming & Lifting Cream" through my Sephora points and trying it on my face left it burning, stinging, and a greasy mess. I've never had good luck with eye creams in the past so, I decided to give them one last try with this. Boy, am I glad now!


From Sephora, one of the Algenist claims are"This rich yet lightweight balm hydrates and soothes the eye area to decrease puffiness and dark circles. The revolutionary microalgae-based ingredient Alguronic Acid fights visible signs of aging. It joins complementary active ingredients to deliver the appearance of renewal to the eye area." and "Formulated without parabens, sulfates, & phthalates"

I like the fact that it's formulated without parabens, since they ingredient alone in skin products irritate my skin.

I've been using this eye cream for a little over a month now, morning and night, and I have definitely seen results from using it. I have extremely dark circles for lack of sleep, rubbing my eyes, being a cigarette smoker (now in progress of quitting!) and constant tugging my eyes for eyeliner application. I've tried a few other eye creams over the years and got no results, just a greasy mess left over.

Within two weeks:
- the lines on the outside corner of my eyes have disappeared
- the finer lines that my concealer always creases into have reduced a significant amount
- my dark circles have reduced
- my under eye area looks healthier than ever


The product itself is of a creamy consistency, lightweight, easy to apply, non-greasy and absorbs fast which is a plus for me since past eye creams for me have been greasy and taken forever to absorb to point I quit using eye creams (I know, bad choice, but I had a negative experience).

Pros:
- Formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates
- Full size jar is 0.5 oz (the jar is a good size)
- Lightweight
- Non-greasy
- Fast abosrbing

Cons:
- Pricey! Full size product is $65
- Full size jar is heavy

Overall, I really love this product and I'm glad I took the initiative one more time to try Algenist, as my first experience with their "Firming & Lifting Cream' was a stinging and burning face. I will definitely be purchasing the full size!

Disclaimer: All products were purchased on my own. This review is based on my 100% honest opinion after using this product for a certain amount of time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment