Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review! Too Faced Melted Lipsticks (Melted Marshmallow & Peony) + Swatches!

Hello beautifuls! I have a small review for you all! These products were in my small beauty haul (blog post and video), current favorites blog post, on a few MOTD postings and currently in my "on-the-go" makeup bag that holds lip and eye products for wherever I'm going for touch ups! Can you say obsessed? I can't get enough of these two products for some reason. 

I received Melted Peony as a deluxe mini sample from Ulta when I purchased the Too Faced Chocolate Solei Bronzer and I absolutely fell in love with it. The texture, the pigmentation, the quality, and that they smell delicious! I went out and bought Marshmallow. 


Packaging is very feminine with a gold colored tube cap and gold lettering and accents.


The full size product is 0.40 fl. oz. (12ml) where as the deluxe mini sample I received is 0.16 fl. oz. (5ml). The back of the packaging has a "melted heart", products name/color, expiration date, and general information.


Left to right: Melted Marshmallow, Melted Peony

These lip products are so pigmented, you only need a little bit on the center of your bottom lip and then smooth and blend it out to the rest of your lips. When I was wearing them I did notice they left my lips a bit dry so you definitely need to apply a lip balm before applying the product. They also leave a stain effect on your lips when the initial "glossy" look wears off.

Pros:
Long lasting
High pigmentation
Good smell
Long lasting
Give off somewhat of a stain 

Cons:
Pricey
Tend to leave lips dry after wearing them (use lip balm before applying)
Messy if too much product is applied

Final Thoughts:
I definitely have to say these are a must have in your lip product stash! They're like a lip gloss, lip stick and balm stain all in one! Only trouble is, you have to moisturize your lips before applying them or your lips will feel a little on the dry side. They come in a decent size range of colors through Ulta and Sephora from a nude to a dark berry color.


1 comment:

  1. Hey great post! Keep up the good work with the blog! Check out my fiancee's blog its about beauty and fashion!

    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete